-->

A word to the wise

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know." - Inquisitor Czevak Turns out, the answers are; "Oh, just a few days", "Our friends will be here shortly" and "We have quite the appetite".

Wednesday 26 February 2014

From Forge World with Love...

Normally there is a lot of discontent out there with Games Workshop and Forge World by proxy. This post is to highlight just how bloody amazing Forge World's customer support is.

Yesterday, I was in the process of preparing an Eldar Vampire Hunter and Raider for shipping to the US (Steve has been waiting patiently to give these bad boys a coat or two). Upon opening up the Vampire Raider, after it sat in its box for almost a year, I found that bits had been broken (and missing) from the kit. So I sent off an email to Forge World to see about replacement parts - I was not disappointed.



Within a couple of hours, I had an email reply, stating the parts would be cast up and shipped out to a location of my choice (Steve of course being the obvious recipient). This act alone took a huge amount of angst out of my system. A couple of hours later I had another email reply, stating the molds are being retooled, so the parts could not be cast up - instead, they would send out a completely new kit - I almost peed myself.

THAT is customer service :)

Why am I so excited? Well, a little back history perhaps. In the first quarter of last year, Forge World underwent some management changes - whether this extended to the operations and logistics dept's i'm not sure (although it would certainly seem they're much better now). I had eight items over multiple purchases miscast, missing pieces or just broken prior to this internal change. Since then, I have had a call from the Sales Manager and every issue resolved in a manner exceeding my expectations. Don't get me wrong, i've always had the issues resolved, however the quality control now seems to be a lot better (from multiple sources).

Why do I now love Forge World long time? Let me count the ways;

1. Excellent Customer Service - I'm looking at you Simon.
2. Since Andy came on board as Games Development Manager, the rules are getting better - ACTIVELY reviewed for balance (just take the Tau XV107 and Irillyth's new rules).
3. Quality of miniatures - I mean seriously, they beat the parent company hands down.
4. Quality of product - This used to be an issue... not so any more from what I hear.

In short - Faith restored. To the staff of Forge World, thank you.

One request though... if/when IA:11 is revised... please have that snotty Imperial Guard commander smeared from here to Jupiter by the Corsairs in the fluff, no body likes an upstart Mon'Keigh ;)